Re: [Fedora] Re: mc

Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
Jim Cornette wrote:
nano has a problem for me with wrapping text on long line entries, mcedit on the other hand is not prone to the nano flaw.
That's not a flaw, it's a feature. If you don't want it to wrap, then the manpage reads:

      -w (--nowrap)
             Disable wrapping of long lines.

   You -DID- read the manpage, right?

No, I did not read the man pages for the program. If breaking a line for a config file is the default, I would rather have mc available. The program is broken if it does not work in a sane manner with initial setup. I doubt seriously that I would use nano to write documents where the next line break would be advantageous.

Who reads directions until all other attempts fail? :-)

Thanks for the note regarding nano having man pages. I would not have guessed a b/w editor with no function keys for functions would have a man page on assumption.

Jim