Re: Running Amarok extracted from rpm (FC6 Extras)

On 04/07/07, Mostafa Afgani <m.afgani.fedora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I've been trying to run amarok extracted from a rpm (extras repo) on a
machine where I don't have root access. I extracted the package and
some of the missing dependencies under /tmp and added /tmp/usr/bin and
/tmp/usr/lib to PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH respectively.

When I run ./amarok, it runs without complaining about any missing
libraries but just before launching it bails with an error that states
that no suitable sound-engines could be found. I know for a fact that
both xine and Gstreamer (with the required libs and plugins) are
installed on this system.

Any idea where the problem could be?

Perhaps you could trace the program during execution and see whether
it relies on any hardcoded non-relocatable paths?