Re: Here are some of my ideas for Fedora 8 and Fedora 9

On Tue, 2007-07-03 at 21:32 +0000, Thufir wrote:
> I'd like to see that in the live cd, which is useful for rescue
> purposes.  As the fedora room/group/? requires nickserv registration,
> there would have to be an automated script to randomly generate a
> nick
> and register it, like with password "foo".

that is what Sabayon crew did... they made a script that randomly
generates user names (sabayon_user_551) and logs you in.

> for a live cd, that would be sufficient and speed and convenience
> would
> be good for either rescue purposes, or newbie installs.
>

> -Thufir

I would like to see it also on the desktop with a default install. That
is where is most needed to be. When a new user gets to know his new
desktop and has a question he can jump quickly in get help from other
users. Maybe a new room for this should be created or not - I don't know
how fedora irc is structured.