Re: mc

On Tue, 2007-07-03 at 03:51 -0700, Justin Zygmont wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Jul 2007, Ed Greshko wrote:
>
> > Justin Zygmont wrote:
> >> I was surprised to see that the midnight commander was not included in
> >> FC7.  I can install it through yum, but I don't know why anyone would want
> >> to remove a useful tool like that.
> >
> > If you can install it via yum then it hasn't been removed.  It is just that
> > it wasn't initially installed.  What is the big deal?
>

> no, I didn't see it anywhere in the list of packages, and its not on the
> ISO.  I think either someone forgot to include it or, they're ready to
> save space and drop it from the distro.

On my F7 machine I ran yum install mc

Not only did I get an mc: mc-4.6.1a-45.20070124cvs.fc7
installed it updated a version of mc already on the machine.

It came from RedHat.
Anything that is worth doing has been done frequently. Things hitherto
undone should be given, I suspect, a wide berth. -- Max Beerbohm,
"Mainly on the Air"