Re: How to install rshd on Fedora 7.

On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 17:35:58 +0800
小波 顾 <guxiaobo1982@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 2. How to config rshd running as a service on Fedora 7? I have read some articles about using initd, but fedora 7 uses xinetd, which I am not familiar with.

Not much different, you just need to make sure the rsh-server rpm is
installed and edit the /etc/xinetd.d/rshd script (or whatever
it happens to be named) to say "disabled=no" instead of
the default "disabled=yes".

Something like:

yum install rsh-server
chkconfig --level 2345 xinetd on
(edit /etc/xinetd.d/rshd here using your favorite editor)
/etc/init.d/xinetd restart

should get things running.

That, and you'll also have to wade through the
10,477 mails you'll get telling you never to run rshd because
it is insecure :-).