On 7/3/07, *Rohan Kulkarni* <rohan.ak1@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:rohan.ak1@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

        <mailto:ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
        <mailto:ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx>>> wrote:

        >     On Mon, 2007-07-02 at 19:14 +0530, Rohan Kulkarni wrote:
        >      > My motherboard supports hard disk speed of 150MB/s but i
        get only
        >      > 15MB/s speed
        >
        >     Have you double-checked that the figures you're reading at
        are bits per
        >     second or bytes per second?
        >
        >     --
        >     (This box runs FC5, my others run FC4 & FC6, in case that's
        >     important to the thread.)
        >
        >     Don't send private replies to my address, the mailbox is
        ignored.
        >     I read messages from the public lists.
        >

        >  Hello,
        >            Yes I have checked with the motherboard
        specifications.It
        >  says that it supports
        >            a speed of 150MB/s.It is bytes for second.Though my
        hard disk
        >  supports native command queing my motherboard does not support
        it.

        >     --

        It doesn't matter what speed your motherboard (SATA controller)
        supports if the disk speed is slower. What brand/model of disk
        do you
        have? What kernel version? How are you measuring the disk speed?

        Regards,

        John

    Hello,
             I have a Seagate ST3160211AS.It is a Barracuda 160GB hard
    disk with a
             speed of 7200RPM.It supports upto 300MB/s with Native
    Command Queing.I checked the average  speed of copying by copying a
             3GB file from one FAT32 partition to another.I got a
    average speed of around
             15MB/s.I have the kernel 2.6.21-1.3228.fc7
                                                             Thanks...

Can anyone please help me...do i need to update to the latest kernel??or do i need
      to download some drivers.