RE: RAID gotchas!

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Justin W
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 10:56 AM
To: For users of Fedora
Subject: Re: RAID gotchas!

Ferguson, Michael wrote:

> Justin W wrote:
>> I just backed up my server using a combination of an LVM snapshot, dd
>> to copy the partition initially, and now it'll be maintained with
>> nightly rsyncs to a mounted image file. (Note: If anyone is
>> interested, I can post some documentation describing how I set up the
>> backup and the script which will keep my backup up-to-date).
>
> Justin, Thanks for the offer. Please post, or send me the
> documentation on how to.
>
> 'preciate it.
>
> Ferg'

I'm currently in the process of rewriting the script and such so that there
is not so much manual input.  If I succeed, the script should be quite
portable across similar setups, but for now, you're going to have to change
many of the path names to how they apply to you.

The documentation is in the file backup.html which I've attached, and then
the script which accompanies it is in the file backup-slash-fs.

If I get the new version completed in a reasonable amount of time, I'll
repost that one too, but I'm not making any promises.

Justin W