Re: CNN video

Aaron Konstam wrote:
On Sun, 2007-07-01 at 15:49 -0500, Rod Haper wrote:
Aaron Konstam wrote:
On Sun, 2007-07-01 at 10:47 -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 08:40:07 -0500
Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Edit :
/etc/mplayerplug-in.conf
Uncomment noembed and set it to 1.
noembed=1
Nah, that's what used to make ie=work, the new improved
site they boast about spending so many man hours on doesn't work
at all :-).e
The above worked for viewing CNN videos on my machine but Fox news videos are still just sound and a black screen.

Does it work now?  CNN has switched to using Flash.
deos work, foxnews videos do not
--
Rod

I am not sure what you mean. CNN videos work, Fox News videos do not.
There is sound but no video.
The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

I don't think we are on the same page. Are you saying that you can get the CNN videos to play from Firefox in Linux right now - today - from the new CNN website? If so, you are the only person I know of able to do it.

After CNN switched over to their newly redesigned website about a week ago, most of us are only able to get the lead-in promo to play and then the actual video does not play. They switched to Flash format. The CNN video does not work for me with the libflashplayer.so Shockwave Flash 9.0 r31 plugin for Firefox.

That is what I mean. So, if given the above, you are sill able to play CNN videos, I - and others I'm sure - would like very much to know what it is about your Linux/Firefox configuration is that is different from mine which allows you to play the CNN videos.

--
Rod