Well it is a what?

I was curious to know what NetworkManager really is. So went hunting and found:

NM-TOOL(1) NM-TOOL(1)

nm-tool - utility to report NetworkManager state

SYNOPSIS
      nm-tool

DESCRIPTION
The nm-tool utility provides information about NetworkManager, device,
      and wireless networks.

SEE ALSO
      NetworkManager(1), NetworkManagerDispatcher(1)

So then the real one:

NETWORKMANAGER(1) NETWORKMANAGER(1)

NAME
      NetworkManager - network management daemon

SYNOPSIS
      NetworkManager [--no-daemon] [--enable-test-devices]

DESCRIPTION
The NetworkManager daemon attempts to keep an active network connection available at all times. The point of NetworkManager is to make net- working configuration and setup as painless and automatic as possible. If using DHCP, NetworkManager is intended to replace default routes, obtain IP addresses from a DHCP server, and change nameservers whenever
      it sees fit, with the aim of making networking Just Work.

OPTIONS
      The following options are supported:

      --no-daemon
             Do not daemonize.  This is useful for debugging.

      --enable-test-devices
:

This is NetManagerDispacher

NETWORKMANAGERDISPATCHER(1) NETWORKMANAGERDISPATCHER(1)

NAME
NetworkManagerDispatcher - daemon that runs commands in response to
      off/online

SYNOPSIS
      NetworkManagerDispatcher [--no-daemon]

DESCRIPTION
The NetworkManagerDispatcher daemon runs commands in the /etc/Network- Manager/dispatcher.d directory in response to interfaces coming up and down. The scripts are run alphabetically. The first parameter is the network interface name. The second parameter is up if the interface is
      now up and down if the interface is now down.

OPTIONS
      The following options are supported:

      --no-daemon
             Do not daemonize.  This is useful for debugging.
FILES
      /etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d

SEE ALSO
      NetworkManager(1), nm-tool(1)

NETWORKMANAGERDISPATCHER(1)
(END)

So NetManager is a demon and runs in the kernel and tries to keep the Internet coming always and works outside the normal old methods.

Now the NetManagerDispatcher is another mouth-full that is also a demon and you can read what it is doing by monitoring messages in the /etc/NetworkManager/dispature.d/ directory. I jus looked and My F7 has the NetworkManager/ but no dispature.d directory. Could be you need to run the demons awhile to get it.

In summary all this is now terminal activity so I think all this stuff is VERY Beta!

Karl