kernels

There appears to be a lot of talk about kernel bugs. I heard that the stock F7 kernel has bugs and it is known as 2.6.21-1,3194 and in the updates it was changed to 2.6.21-1,3228. This makes me think both of these are the same identical kernel with some changes in the huge number of compiled in modules. This update is a change in the modules that are compiled in. With a lot of work you could compare the modules and discover what happened.

For sure Red Hat could have done the update package. And they could have decided which modules to remove/add. Where can you read about all this?

Karl