Re: CNN video

On Monday 02 July 2007, Mike Chambers wrote:
>On Mon, 2007-07-02 at 03:51 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> I just found the plugins dir for FF-2.0.0.4 virtually empty, so I copied
>> all the stuffs from the mozilla plugins dir into it, must make 8 or 10
>> different plugins dirs I have now, nearly all dups of each other.  I can
>> get video for the hbo commercials from cnn, but no news stories.  msnbc
>> works, cbs works, abc works but not fox or cnn.
>
>Plugins that are in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins *also* work with firefox,
>as it was setup that way, no matter what firefox version you are using.
>If you put them in your firefox plugin itself, you'll have to keep doing
>it for each version of firefox.

Humm, without it, 'about:plugins' was showing only the link to flashplayer,
now it shows the whole maryann, about 4 screens high of other plugins.

Are you saying that I can nuke the other 8 or 10 plugins dirs I've got?  I
tried making all of them softlinks and had that working fairly well when I
was running FC2, but hadn't taken the time to sort that all out for FC6
yet...

I've been wishing that somehow, someone would manage to get it all in one sock
someday, this 10+ copies of "browsername-version/plugins" dir crap in at
least 2 branches of the filesystem tree is a genuine PITA when doing browseer
updates and has been for years.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)