Re: Booting F7 Installation DVD

On 7/1/07, Jim Cornette <fc-cornette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dave Cross wrote:
> On 6/30/07, Karl Larsen <k5di@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Dave Cross wrote:
>> > I have a Philips Freevents X51 laptop and I'm having real problems
>> > getting the F7 installation DVD to boot.
>> >
>> > It boots to the initial screen, where you press "enter" to start the.
>> > installation, but at that point it seems that the keyboard is
>> > unrecognised. Pressing any key has no effect at all.

I had this problem back when first trying to install Linux (Severn, not
sure which beta).

The problem was due to a USB legacy setting which was set active. USB
legacy mode locked up my laptop like you are referring to.
I'm not sure if your BIOS would refer to it as USB legacy or USB
keyboard. Anyway, having it set caused the laptop keyboard to not function.

Interesting suggestion. I did have a USB legacy setting in my BIOS,
but changing it from "auto" to "disabled" didn't change what happened.

Thanks anyway,

Dave...