Re: CNN video

On Sun, 2007-07-01 at 06:06 -0600, Christopher A. Williams wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-07-01 at 06:40 -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
> > On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 01:49:51 -0600
> > Frank Cox <theatre@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > Since today's new design of CNN, I can't watch the videos any more.  I get a
> > > black square where the video is supposed to be.
> >
> > Well, they are clearly using flash, since I only get the play/pause
> > button when I run 32 bit firefox with flash enabled, but even with
> > those buttons, I never get any actual videa.
> >
> > You could send them feedback saying they ought to run a story
> > about how time warner has become a puppet of microsoft :-).
>
> Fox News has the same problem with Flash Player. It turned out it was
> something to do with the way they are running advertising. In that case,
> using the Greasemonkey script that kills the ads (Foxnews Friendly Ads)
> gets things working again. That doesn't appear to be the case with CNN
> though - but I'd bet it's something similar.

I tried out those videos, and I could see/hear the ads that ran (either
in the video's place, or right before the ad), but it would stop (like
the actual video was going to play and it wouldn't).

Is that like the foxnews ads thing?  What greasemonkey script is that?
Below are the programs I am running if that has any bearing...

firefox-2.0.0.4-2.fc7
flash-plugin-9.0.31.0-1
jre-1.6.0_01-fcs

--