Re: full duplex and mtu question

Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Jun 29, 2007 at 10:05:05PM -0400, chloe K wrote:
> How can I force the NIC to full duplex?

ethtool -s eth0 speed 100 duplex full autoneg off

Note that the switch you're connected to will also have to be forced to full
duplex -- if one side is set to autonegotiate, the fallback is half duplex.
Chloe] how can I put it in boot time? ls it in rc.local ?

> and change the mtu

ifconfig

chloe] Do you know whether there is any network issue if we don't change MTU as same as our provider? eg: our upstream provider router is using mtu 1600 but our end is 1500.

> where the file should I set it in boot time?

depends...
chloe] can you give me example?

> have you tried to force 10G full duplex?

Wait, hold on. What hardware do you have and what are you trying to do?
chloe] I will use the fedora as router. the NIC is "myrim 10G network card"

Thank you for your help

--
Matthew Miller mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx
Boston University Linux ------>