Re: linux IP watcher

Lux Zhang wrote:
> Hi
> my ISP provides a non-statis IP. I am looking for a linux tool to watch
> ip address change. that can monitor my public and local IP address. If
> IP address changes it will send an email, to the address specified, with
> the new IP address. This email also includes the computer name and time
> the change occurred. This is useful for computers that have dynamically
> assigned IP addresses, but need to be accessed remotely.
>

> Hope some one can help
>
> Yuan

Take a look at ddclient. It does a lot more then what you are after,
but it does send an email when the IP address changes. It is
designed for you with the different Dynamic DNS sites to keep your
IP address up to date. It will also work with most routers to get
the IP address from them. You can install it with yum, and start it
as a service after you configure it.

Mikkel