FC6 i386 to FC7 x86_64

Hi

How do I go from a FC6 i386 system to a FC7 x86_64 system without data loss?

I had to change the motherboard of my MythTV system. Given the fact that x86_4 support
was poor at the time I built it, I went i386 on the install. Now it looks like x86_64 is better
supported and I want to move to a x86_64-only system.

I was able to upgrade from FC6 to FC7 in another system using yum only (I think my
DVDwriter is toast, The FC7DVD came out a coaster). Therefore I'd rather use the
yum/rpm way to upgrade. Nevertheless when I downloaded the x86_64 kernel, rpm
refused to install/upgrade my current kernel to that version.

Is there a minimum set of  programs that I have to update together to make the switch to
x86_64?

Thanks!

--
/\_/\