Re: linux IP watcher

On Saturday 30 June 2007 05:40:20 Konstantin Svist wrote:
> There are at least a few web services that offer a host-to-dynamic IP
> service.
> Basically, you set up some special software that updates their website
> every time your host gets a new IP - and you always access it using the
> same URL
>
> For example, no-ip.com provides this service freely.
> I"m sure there are others, too
>
> Lux Zhang wrote:
> > Hi
> > my ISP provides a non-statis IP. I am looking for a linux tool to
> > watch ip address change. that can monitor my public and local IP
> > address. If  IP address changes it will send an email, to the address
> > specified, with the new IP address. This email also includes the
> > computer name and time the change occurred. This is useful for
> > computers that have dynamically assigned IP addresses, but need to be
> > accessed remotely.
> >

> > Hope some one can help
> >
> > Yuan

My firewall box has that facility includded. It runs on an old PC, mine is an
AMD 333mHz cpu with 128Mb RAM and a 1Gb hard drive and three nics. Once its
installed and set up you don't even need a monitor on it as it can be
administered from a web browser. I just set up a free account with no-ip.com.
set up the option in my firewall. Have a look at smoothwall.org, for the
firewall.

--
Guy Fawkes, the only man to enter the house's of Parliament
with honest intentions, (he was going to blow them up!)