Re: Can't access USB disk in rescue mode

Maybe rescue will realize the disk is there during boot.
Try having the usb disk powered on and connected before rescue boots.

I tried this but got the same results: dmesg sees the new USB device,
but no device files created.  Still puzzled why.

Instead of using a rescue CD, I booted to a live F7 environment in
which the USB disk was recognized in the usual way, enabling me to
finish the rescue work I originally needed to do.