Re: Grub CD-Rom works

Ed Greshko wrote:
Karl Larsen wrote:
   I find that with the instruction from a web page I can replace the
grub loader on any hard drive on my computer from grub on the CD-rom.
What I did was boot on the cd-rom and all you get is a grub system. From
the information I gathered I did these things and they worked.

grub> root (hd4)

   Here I got some info about (hd4)

grub> setup (hd1) Here I see a lot of information about the setting up of the second hard
drive (hd1) with a grub loader. So it did work fine.

Woopie....

I guess everything sucks until you learn how to use it.

Instead of starting another thread you really should have replied to your
first "Grub sucks!" post, changed the subject to read "Grub sucks *NOT*" and
announced your wonderful achievement there.

Not sure what achievement was accomplished. I am just learning about Grub.

Karl