Re: Address book - LDAP or MySQL?

I just installed a ldap address book last week, I will no go into the
detail of how pain fule the configuration was, information in a simple
human way is difficult to find but I would definetly recommend LDAP,
since it is more (easy) to integrate into a email reader, by putting
easy in brackets I do mean in brackets, evolution is not to bad but it
does things in a really stupid way, I.E it don't remember the Manager
password so the user that needs access to writing into the ldap needs to
know it, do I suspect that you could get around it by creating a ldap
user with write access to your tables, I have never tried mysql for only
a address book but I would not recommend it since mysql is generally
after my opinion slower and the email readers don't really support it,
if you need some pointer let me know I am going to write my little how
to at some stage now on how to set it up.

Kind regards
Per Qvindesland