Red Hat 6 - FC6

I have been thinking that fstab has changed some but right now it is the same as the older one in Red Hat version 6 (RH6). All the basics of Unix are still here in Fedora Core 6 and onto Fedora 7.

It is possible to use LABEL rather than actual partition designator such as /dev/hdb3. Some think the LABEL makes it easier but I am not one.

When I decided to change fstab and grub.conf to remove the LABEL and instead use the actual designator but I did it in small steps worried that such a change could make my system un-bootable. But no problems were found and now I have a lot of lines in fstab letting me as myself to mount old linux and Windows to this system. It has all worked to this time.

All of this was possible on RH6 about 10 years ago. Sure is nice FC6 can still do this :-)

Karl