Re: Network Places

Try Places-> Connect to Server

Fedora actually provides you with more options. BTW, it is available in both FC6 and F7. Actually, i have a folder that connects me to my home server over the SSH on the desktop.

Srikanth

Michael McGillick wrote:
Hi:
Windows Vista offers a concept called a network place that lets me map a Web address to a folder. When I open the folder, I'm prompted for a username and password, but can then use the folder just like any other folder on my local system. Does anyone know if Fedora 7 or Linux itself offers a feature similar to this? Thanks. - Michael