Re: swap off on boot

On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 12:28 +0000, hicham wrote:
> I have got the same message on boot up since I've installed an ubuntu
> distro along with fedora 7, sharing the same swap partition

If you're sharing swap partitions, you might have to forgo identifying
it by a volume name (the other one may keep on erasing it).  Try
changing your fstab file to use the device name instead of the label.

The unable to resume message is about it trying to unhibernate.  If
you're not hibernating, ignore the warning.  If you are, then sharing
the swap partition is going to be a problem (if you boot into the other
one, it'll remove what's used for resuming).  If you are resuming, but
not swapping between OSs in the meantime, I'd expect you could make
things work by avoiding volume labels, and remaking your initrd file so
that it doesn't look for the swap by the label, either.

--
[tim@bigblack ~]$ rm -rfd /*^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Huname -ipr
2.6.21-1.3228.fc7 i686 i386

I read messages from the public lists.