RE: FC7 Power Down/Power Button issue

> > Mike Cisar wrote:
> >> Have a new system, thought I’d use it to do some testing of FC7…
> did a
> >> clean install, no additional packages other than the defaults.
> >>
> (power button does not shut down the system)

> F7 has the default of "ask me" for the power button. It is configurable
> by going to system/preferences/system/power management. I like the
> selected defaults for power management because I accidentally powered
> down on many occasions by out of habit hitting the power button on
> first
> getting to the computer. Now I get the shutdown prompt when the power
> button i pressed. The setting can be set to suspend, hibrnate or
> shutdown also.

Thanks Jim, I'll have to take a peek and see if changing this setting "fixes" the situation for us.

We have just the opposite situation from yourself... a whole bunch of servers which in some emergency circumstances must be shut down as fast as possible.  Much easier to run in and run a finger down a row of power switches than to mouse to the shutdown button in each.

Cheers,