ssh - cannot log in

I'm using Putty under XP to try to login to FC6 but it times out.

I can ping the external ip from my laptop.

Here's my iptables --list:

Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target prot opt source destination RH-Firewall-1-INPUT all -- anywhere anywhere
Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
target prot opt source destination RH-Firewall-1-INPUT all -- anywhere anywhere
Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target prot opt source destination
Chain RH-Firewall-1-INPUT (2 references)
target prot opt source destination ACCEPT all -- anywhere anywhere ACCEPT icmp -- anywhere anywhere icmp any ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere anywhere tcp dpt:http flags:SYN,RST,ACK/SYN ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere anywhere tcp dpt:ssh flags:SYN,RST,ACK/SYN ACCEPT esp -- anywhere anywhere ACCEPT ah -- anywhere anywhere ACCEPT udp -- anywhere 224.0.0.251 udp dpt:mdns
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            udp dpt:ipp
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp dpt:ipp
ACCEPT all -- anywhere anywhere state RELATED,ESTABLISHED ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere anywhere state NEW tcp dpt:xdmcp ACCEPT udp -- anywhere anywhere state NEW udp dpt:xdmcp ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere anywhere state NEW tcp dpt:x11 ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere anywhere state NEW tcp dpt:x11-ssh-offset ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere anywhere state NEW tcp dpt:ssh REJECT all -- anywhere anywhere reject-with icmp-host-prohibited

I've tried without the windows firewall. The router is open to port 22 and nats over to what I think is my workstation (how can I check this?)

Thanks for any help.

Note - ultimately I'd like to use X but right now I'm just trying to get a login prompt.