Re: Window won't go away

Nigel Henry wrote:
On Tuesday 26 June 2007 18:24, Mike McCarty wrote:
Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
Or try pressing CTRL+ALT+ESC (or whatever combination is set in your GUI
to kill programs) and then click the application with the skull cursor.
How do I find out what that may be? CTRL-ALT-ESC seemingly does nothing
on my computer.

Mike

I havn't used CTRL + ALT + ESC for ages, and had forgotten all about it. It does work ok, but its a case of CTRL + ALT, and then a tap on the ESC key, and the skull should appear on your mouse pointer. Make sure the pointer is on the top of the window you want to kill, and a single left click kills the window like magic. Warning!!! Dont click the pointer if it's on a blank bit of desktop, otherwise your likely to kill the desktop. I've done that. Doh.

Nigel.

It works well enough but - Then if I decide I don't really want to kill anything how do I get rid of the skull? I had to search for something to sacrifice!

Bob Goodwin