Re: DVD Burner permission question

John Pierce wrote:

> I have two hp pavilion laptops, both are the same machines purchased
> the same day.  I had opensuse 10.2 on both and then switched to fedora
> 7.  Now the machine that my wife uses will not burn a dvd, it will
> burn cd and cdrw discs but not a dvd.  I figured that the drive went
> bad and I called hp tech support, they told me it was a configuration
> issue not hardware since it will burn cd and not dvd.

First, I had a similar experience not to long ago with a Pioneer CD/DVD
drive in one of my servers.  I replaced the drive and everything is OK now.
 So, I'm a bit skeptical of what HP is telling you.

Second, are you getting any errors when you attempt to burn the DVD?  It
would be helpful to know what they are.

--
ATM cell has no roaming feature turned on, notebooks can't connect