Re: FC6 yum has broken

At 9:15 AM -0500 6/24/07, Aaron Konstam wrote:
>Suddenly yum update no longer works on my FC6 machine. Somehow a
>file /var/cache/yum/stablemirrors file is created. I can't find it on
>other versions of Fedora.

Also, every time you run yum it says "Loading "stablemirror" plugin" and
'stablemirror: the easily edited stablemirror file is
"/var/cache/yum/stablemirrors"', and you have downloaded and installed
stablemirror from <http://georgeanelson.com/stablemirror.htm>, probably the
version for FC5, by running the commands listed on that page.  Try removing
the files /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/stablemirror.conf and
/usr/lib/yum-plugins/stablemirror.py that you installed by hand with two cp
commands.

Google is your friend, but if you had posted the actual error message, one
of the other responders might possibly have read it and realized what it
said.