Re: reverting yum back to fc6

Kahn Seidl wrote:
> so I tried to upgrade to fedora 7 via yum.  But it failed.  But now I
> want to install some stuff via yum but all the packages are fc7
> packages.  How can i revert what was done so it searches for fc6 stuff
> again?
>
> thanks - martin

Why not remove the packages that cannot be upgraded (like third party
repository or third party packages) or conflicting, then yum upgrade and
then reinstall the software you're missing?

To reinstall the fedora-release-6 RPM, you'll need to remove the f7
release RPM and release notes first, using rpm -e --nodeps, then install
the fc6 release and release notes RPMs

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip