Re: Why are some having so much trouble with F7?

Paul Shaffer wrote:

I think it would help me if you defined what SATA stands for.

Google and wikipedia know pretty much everything and respond much faster than this list - unless email is the only connection you have to the internet.

> I think the vast majority of people subscribed to this list are
> reading it to learn (about Fedora), as opposed to a few who seem
> more inclined to use it for demonstrating a reluctance to share
> their superior knowledge with trite RTFM-type quips.

The point of RTFM-type answers is to share how to get knowledge. And there is nothing fedora specific about a piece of hardware.

> Not knowing what SATA is and having problems related to it would
> somehow seem rather expected, so why get your knickers in a twist
> over it?

I'm not offended by the question. I just suggested that there are better and faster places to get the answer.

> The OP wasn't even complaining about an SATA-related problem.

Exactly - so why wait for some fedora user to answer a question like that via email, posting to a large list of other people that won't be interested?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx