Re: Firefox Gnash plugin doesn't work

Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:

Questions:

(1) Where from can I load an actual flash video file for testing gnash
itself?

Well any site with flash should be good enough, if the plugin is actually loading and it sounds like it is, then pressing the right mouse button over the flash anim should bring up a gnash menu confirming its loaded. Even if the plugin is working, the best you can expect with gnash is variable success in actually playing/using flash anims and apps.

(2) Does this gnash plugin work for others?

Yes and no. It doesn't work *properly* for a lot of flash files out there but works with a few, often adverts unfortunately :) But it certainly loads and runs for me. The latest version claims to work with youtube for example, but for me it doesn't although it at least gets further than the previous version. As you're using x86_64 and unless you object on philosophical grounds, you could always install firefox-32 from the Fedora repo and use the offical flash plugin from the macromedia repo for Fedora.

--
Ian Chapman.