bind help please!

   Hello there,
              My server upgrade FC6 to F7 seems to have taken down bind/named.
So my home network has no dns. Oops. There are warnings not to edit /etc/named.conf
directly but the 'howto's I found do not use system-config-bind.

   So.. I have tried to rebuild it. From the router box I can do:
host some-internet-address
   OK
host address-from-my-network
   Does not recognise
host address-from-my-network  127.0.0.1
   OK
host address-from-my network  router-address-internally
  times out

Somehow I do not seem to be able to get a lookup except as localhost.
I have set:
options {
        allow-query {
        168.254.0.1;
        any;
};

   How can I find out why it only responds to local connections please?
      Thank you,
         Bill