Re: Formatting CDs

On Fri, 2007-06-22 at 11:10 -0700, Kam Leo wrote:
> On 6/22/07, Frank Cox <theatre@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 10:43:10 -0500
> > Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > Format allows you to use the CD-RW disk as if it was a hard disk or a
> > > memory stick to copy files on to it with the cp command or erase using
> > > the rm command.
> >
> > I don't think you can do that with CD's.  (In fact, I don't think you can do
> > that with DVD's either.)
> >
> > Someone may know more about it than me, though.
> >

> The rewritable format is UDF. It should be supported for CD-RW and DVD-RW media.

If you think it can be done give the command line to do it. For some
reason people seem to have forgotten how a formatted floppy works.
Fifth Law of Applied Terror: If you are given an open-book exam, you
will forget your book. Corollary: If you are given a take-home exam, you
will forget where you live.