Re: SPAM EXAMPLE *****Fw: No Pumps! No Surgery! No Exercises! olaf****

On Thu, 2007-06-21 at 12:48 -0700, David Boles wrote:
> No wonder you are getting SPAM. It is your Yahoo address. The only
> one, that I can think of, that is worse is AOL.

If one wants to use a Yahoo address for list mail, and doesn't care
about not being able to get personal replies (without special handling),
one can set up rules on Yahoo that filters in *only* the messages from
the list, and discards the rest.

I tend to feel that usenet is better than mailing lists, but the latest
versions of Pan are crap at filtering (e.g. they removed the options
that made it easy to not show mail older than a couple of days, so you
have to trawl through a large list of messages by eye), and Thunderbird
is dire at usenet, too.

--
(This box runs Centos 5.0, my others still run FC 4, 5, 6, & 7, in case that's
 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.