Re: Screensaver disabled, screen still blanks

Try adding this line to F7's xorg.conf:

Options "DPMS" "off"

Eric wrote:
At 05:44 PM 6/21/2007, Nigel Henry wrote:

<NH>>>>>I don't know if this is any help, but DPMS (display power management signalling) may be the problem. On FC5, commenting out the line "Options "DPMS" in the monitor section of /etc/X11/xorg.conf, resolved the problem,<<<<<

Good evening, Nigel.

Yes, that did the trick for FC5, thanks.  One down and one to go.  :-)

On F7 there is no Options DPMS line in xorg.conf, so nothing to comment out.

<NH>>>>>Commenting out that line in FC6 did not work, and neither in Debian Lenny after some X updates. I use KDE, and have put a simple script in ~/.kde/autostart on Debian Lenny. This runs xset -dpms, which disables DPMS when you login, see below.<<<<<

Do I just put a script in there and name it anything I want, or do I need to give it a specific name?

I put one in there for F7 called noblank, made it executable by everybody, so I'll see what happens.