Re: Screensaver disabled, screen still blanks

At 03:47 PM 6/21/2007, alan wrote:

>> Preferences->More Preferences->Power Management

Good afternoon, Alan.

I don't have anything like that, either in KDE or Gnome, in FC5 or F7.

In F7 the closest thing I have is:

Settings->Power Control->Laptop Battery

... which just seems to apply if I'm running a laptop (I'm not), and anyway there isn't anything there that does power control. I click on the "Power Control" tab and I get: "Your computer seems to have a partial ACPI installation, ACPI was probably enabled, but some of the sub-options were not - you need to enable at least 'AC Adapter' and 'Control Method Battery' and then rebuild your kernel.".

I'm running the stock 2.6.21-.3228.fc7 kernel.

In FC5 / KDE I can find nothing at all that looks like it has anything to do with power control (this is also on a desktop machine, not laptop, with kernel 2.6.17-1.2157_FC5).

If you have Preferences->More Preferences->Power Management on yours, could you please right click on it and let me know what application it calls up (presumably in /sbin or /usr/sbin)? Then I can try calling it up from the command line (if I have it).