Re: Totem on FC6

On Thursday 21 June 2007 20:06, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> Nigel Henry wrote:
> > On Thursday 21 June 2007 16:44, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> >> You may want to play with the brightens and contrast controls in the
> >> Settings --> Preferences --> Video --> Filters --> Image Adjust menu.
> >>
> >> Mikkel
> >
> > Thanks for the long and winding road to these settings, but making
> > changes to them are having no effect whatsoever. ~/.vlc/vlcrc shows the
> > changes I have made, but they arn't having any effect unfortunately.
> >
> > [adjust] # Image properties filter
> >
> > # Image contrast (0-2) (float)
> > contrast=1.900000
> > # Image brightness (0-2) (float)
> > brightness=2.000000
> > # Image hue (0-360) (integer)
> > hue=155
> > # Image saturation (0-3) (float)
> > saturation=1.400000
> > # Image gamma (0-10) (float)
> > gamma=6.000000
> > # Brightness threshold (boolean)
> > brightness-threshold=1
> >
> > Nigel.
>
> Oops - you also need to turn it on at the Settings --> Preferences
> --> Video --> Filters --> Image properties filter check box.
>
> You can also bring them up by hitting ctrl-G, but I don't think
> setting made there are saved. but I could be wrong - I use mplayer
> more then vlc.
>
> Mikkel

Hi Mikkel. Thanks for the additional info. Hopefully that will have fixed vlc.
At the moment I've got a bit sick of re-running "The Full Monty". I think I
know the dialogue word for word now, but will try perhaps a different DVD.
Young Frankenstein for example. It'll make a change, and I can check out the
settings.

Nigel.