FC5, Wine and NTFS

I have a dual boot laptop.

On the one-side is the pre-installed Windows XP with Office XP.
On the other is a 'yum'  up-to-date FC5 install.

A long time ago I had a dabble with Wine but didn't have a great deal of
success.

What I want to know is is it possible to use wine to run MS Word and Excel
from my NTFS formatted Win-XP. Ideally I'd like to be able to update
documents on the NTFS drive too, but that's not essential.

(I do use OOo for most things, but there are a few compatibility issues I
can't get round)

A link to idiot proof instructions would be great.
--
Gary Stainburn