Re: ARP question

El Jueves, 21 de Junio de 2007 03:34, Rick Sewill escribió:

> I suspect these ARP requests are caused by botnets, on the Internet,
> scanning IP address ranges for PCs to compromise.  There is a steady
> bombardment of Microsoft Messenger Service, NetrSendMessage requests to
> UDP port 1026, coming to my IP address.  Lucky for me, Fedora discards
> the message and no response is generated.  The botnets do not give up.

Maybe I'm not understanding what you mean there but....how can botnets make
ARP questions through the internet?
As far as I know ARP requests are only made in LANs and it's impossible for
its to pass a router and reach the Internet.

Cheers

--
Manuel Arostegui Ramirez.

be used for urgent or sensitive issues.