Re: Any progress on installing FC7 on a SATA system?

On 6/18/07, Etanisla Lopez-Ortiz <fedora.list@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What I have:
home-brew with 1 SATA hard drive and 1 SATA optical drive

What I don't have:
FC7 installed
(even after trying "linux askmethod all-ide-generic nodmraid")

It is my (flawed) understanding that the sata driver that FC7 uses on
install doesn't play nice with systems with multiple SATA devices, or on
systems with SATA/PATA devices. The last I read, was to install FC7 off
a large (4G+) usb drive, a network install, an iso mounted on a FAT32
partition, or onto the hard drive while connected to another computer
and then placing the drive back in the original computer and praying it
all works well.

what are you talking about?  I installed (freshly) F7 on a newly built
all-SATA system, using a DVD booted on a SATA DVD+-RW drive.  i
installed the OS on one SATA HDD, and built a RAID5 array off the
other 4 SATA HDDs during the installation.

None of those options are available to me. Google keeps pointing me back
to the same Fedora Forum posts of which I have already summarized above.

Should I stick with my working FC6, or are there possibilities I haven't
run across yet?

DS