F7 install puts no entries in /dev,/proc/ and /sys

I installed f7 on a second hard drive (slave on an ide bus which makes
it sdb) and input the correct settings into grub.conf on the master
drive (sda). After installing the main bulk of f7 it ejects the
install dvd and requests a reboot, after the reboot I assume,from
experience, it requires me to setup a user account but I never get
that far because it kernel panics. When I boot into fc4 and look on
the second hardrive there are no entries in /proc, /sys or /dev.