Re: slow bootup ("invalid PBLK length [5]" on ASUS m/b)

Okay, so I guess "invalid PBLK" message has nothing to do with it.

Thanks, Michael and Tim

Michael Klinosky wrote:
Konstantin:
I'm having a problem with my computer - it takes a while to boot up.
Here's the stuff I think is relevant:
* first problem appears right after "Uncompressing Linux... OK, booting the kernel." message:
ACPI: Invalid PBLK length [5]

I've searched for the error on the net and noticed that this seems to affect Asus motherboards. I happen to have an Asus A7S-VM.
I'm not sure if this is related to the slowdown, though.

I have 5 machines - none of which have ASUS MBs. I get this line in FC6, and maybe F7 (can't recall).

I don't think my machines are slow to boot up. I was considering inquiring about it, but it didn't seem to be a problem.