Re: OT: Windoze can't find disk

Geoffrey Leach wrote:

Problem resolved. Turns out that the new MB had a new version of the Promise SATA controller, which required a new driver. Now I need to figure out how to get the driver onto the disk. Sigh!

Many thanks to all who replied.

If you can get the new driver onto a USB stick and within Linux mount the ntfs partition with ntfs-3g, you might be able to get the correct driver onto the partition. I don't know about the registry or other maybe problems but it worked for me to be able to get the below problem corrected. After replacing the file the loop was stopped. The other problem with SATA and IDE drives is still a mystery. :-) - Another day, another windows all binary collision. It is like a city with no stop lights and all drivers talking on their cell phones while driving. something has to go wrong.

Jim

http://service1.symantec.com/support/pca.nsf/555e287baf35020288256b10002f2ef2/c0a6652d74f58b4288256b480076850d?OpenDocument