Re: Any progress on installing FC7 on a SATA system?

Karl Larsen wrote:
Just out of curiosity, how did you load FC6? It sounds as if you must have used one of those same methods you decline to use with F7?

FC6 installed very nicely from DVD. Burn DVD, boot off DVD, select preferred options, go take a nap, and awaken to an installed FC6.

I'm in the process of downloading the F7 Live disc now, and will try that tonight.

@ John Austin
If I don't enter any "linux $option" entries, sometimes it will hang at "Ready", otherwise it will fail after the media checksum fails. Yes, I've checked the iso checksum, burnt the iso using Nero, Imgburn, and K3B using the "verify" option. And the install fails with all 3 DVDs. Anaconda just can't see the optical drive.

Solution 1 is past my current level of risk. Not so much about the risk of loosing data, but because my wallet can't afford the remote risk of replacing the hard drive. Solution 2 was attempted, with the same result. I can boot off the stick, but once anaconda is pointed towards the optical, the install fails.

@ David Timms
2G of memory, and the hard drive is 300G (insert usual banter about marketing here). 150G is for XP-SP2, and 150G is for Fedora. The XP partition is NTFS, and anaconda was unable to see the iso.

I'm trying to install fresh. Later I'll try your suggestion and let you (via list) know what happened as well as the answers to your other questions.

@ kwhiskerz and Jim Cornette
I'll take a look at the hard drive partitions. I never mind reinstalling Fedora as the update is completely done overnight. But reinstalling that other OS... do I have to? /me marks off 1 week on calender for the OS and another week for the programs.

@ (All the FC/F nazis out there)
Good $DIETY! After 6 releases of writing "Fedora Core" or "FC", have you considered it might be an ingrained habit by now? Sheesh!