Alsa Mixer

I had this working fine in Fedora Core 6 two days ago. The Gnome Volume Control had a Playback Tab and a Record Tab. Things having to do with recording like the Mike is shown there. Today there is only a Playback Tab and looking stupid as heck there is a Microphone shown on the playback tab which has only a speaker showing! This is dead wrong and someone was asleep when they did this!

So please someone tell me what I did wrong, or tell me how to rpm -e the so-called Update.

Karl Larsen