Re: Movies on FC6 and maybe F7

Fernando Apesteguía wrote:
On 6/18/07, Karl Larsen <k5di@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    Just to make sure my memory is not flawed I logged into my Fedora
Core 4 on another partition. I used the following applications to view
and listen to "The Honeymooners" on DVD:

MPlayer
Totem Movie Player
Xine Media Player

All of the above work "perfectly" on FC6

Probably it's just a matter with the codecs or the input/output plugin
check it out.
I have not a guess what codecs and input/output are or how to fix them. I can compile a kernel and do write in C and C++. How do you do this?

Best Regards

These are all in Applications->Sound and Video both in FC4 and FC6.

    All the applications in FC4 worked fine. All the applications in FC6
do not work at all period.

    Is it not possible to run the FC4 applications on FC6 and F7? Why
will this not work? Is there a way to yum the FC4 applications into FC6
and F7?

Karl Larsen K5DI