Re: Incoming IMAP Hackers?

From: Manuel Arostegui Ramirez <manuel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

On Monday 18 June 2007 17:06:31 chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
But I cannot think of a reason someone would want access to IMAP accounts. What purpose would this serve?

Chris

I guess...to spam from your network :-)

But they can't send with IMAP. They have to send with SMTP. So they must think they can guess the account details and use those for outgoing mail too. Sneaky.

Of course, I suppose one COULD set up different passwords for incoming and outgoing e-mail. What a pain.

Thanks guys.