Re: How do I shutdown PS3 with Fedora 7

On Sun, 2007-06-17 at 18:42 -0400, monty19@ hotmail.com wrote:
> Has anyone been able to successfully get a PS3 to shutdown or reboot
> with Fedora 7? Linux appears to shutdown, but the system itself never
> shutdowns or reboots. I have to hold down the power button to get it to
> shutdown.
>
> Jason

This is a problem that showed up first in FC6. You might check the
following:
1. In the BIOS , ACPI is on.
2. After boot grep dmesg for any messages related to ACPI or acpi
3. Be sure the init.d script acpid is running.
4. Hopefully the messages in 2 above will indicate what changes in
kernel lines in grub.conf need to made. Adding: lacpi, acpi=force, etc
have worked for people.
Software suppliers are trying to make their software packages more
"user-friendly". ... Their best approach, so far, has been to take all
the old brochures, and stamp the words, "user-friendly" on the cover. --
Bill Gates, Microsoft, Inc. [Pot. Kettle. Black.]