Re: How to use flash drive ?

Hi Bob, I assume by flash drive you mean a small devise that plugs into a USB port. I have a 2 GB kinston thing. when I plug it in it shows up on my desktop FC6 and I can in a Windows way slide things onto the kinston image and they are then found on the file system.

If you want to put a file system on it go to /media/name-of-your-flash-drive/ and you will see everything that is on the drive. And you can cp -a anything less than 4GB. The file system on it is FAT32. I have a small flash drive with ext3 on it.

Karl K5DI

Bob Goodwin - W2BOD wrote:
Per Qvindesland wrote:
Hello Bob,

Not sure what you mean with "use it as it" you don't have to format it
or anything, can you access it from your desktop I.E it auto mounts it
and places a icon of it on your deskop so you can access the flash drive
from there?

Regards
Per
Yes it appears on the desk top and mounts but the fdisk data makes me assume that it may not work if I treat it as just another memory device? I haven't tried writing anything to it and it appears to contain no files ...

Bob
Disk /dev/sdc1: 4127 MB, 4127178752 bytes
127 heads, 62 sectors/track, 1023 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 7874 * 512 = 4031488 bytes

This doesn't look like a partition table
Probably you selected the wrong device.