Re: FC6 failed to detect sound card after kernel upgraded

I upgraded it because I assume that any upgrade is supposed for improvement in some way for some functionality, to make things work better - Unless there is a condition specified that such upgrade is not suitable for a particular device or usage, otherwise I have to assume that any fedora user will do the upgrade by using the yum update in order to make the system up today for optimum system performance.

Karl Larsen wrote:
Barry Yu wrote:
Fresh installation of FC6 upgraded kernel from 2.6.18-1.2798.fc6 to 2.6.20-1.2952.fc6, and the sound card detection cannot detect sound card - And mplayer/Xine/and other sound players won't work at all. If to boot with previous kenel then the sound will work again. My sound card is SiS 7012 built on motherboard in a Sony Vaio desktop.

Sure sounds like a kernel problem. Why do you want to use a new kernel? Why not stay with the original that works?

Karl